SureCall(Unavailable Call forwarding) is a feature that is available to all lines at no cost. If the line ever has an issue either on the customer's side or via ThinkTel the line will forward to the surecall number instead of playing a not in service message.
Surecall can be applied on an individual line (Hosted PBX), or a DID or on a Pilot/SIP Trunk (But if not applied on a DID then it will forward to the one applied on the pilot).
You must have uControl Credentials to use this service. If you don't have, please contact your Sales Rep. To Apply, change or delete a Surecall number you have two options. Or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Surecall as an excel from uControl. Make the required changes, save the Excel, then upload it into uControl.
- Make the changes on a per-line basis.
How to use an excel to modify multiple lines.
1. Log in to https://ucontrol.thinktel.ca
2. Under the 'Services' menu, click the 'Numbers By Type' option.
3. Click the “Download Surecall” button.
• If you click the "Sureccall" at the top of the page, it will download all of your numbers(All Toll-Free, Individual Lines, DID's and Pilot numbers).
• If you click on the one in a numbers section, you will only download that type of number.
• If you want to download just 1 SIP Trunk and it's DID's (when you have multiple trunks). Click on the trunk in question. Then click the “Download Surecall” button above the DID section.
4. Open the excel file.
Column A will have your ThinkTel numbers.
Column B will be the numbers that your numbers are to be forwarded to if they are ever Not In Service(NIS).
Column C will list the Trunk default. I.e. if applied on the pilot but not on the DID will show the Surecall number from the pilot.
Column D will list the Subscriber Type. I.e. SIP Trunk, DID or Individual line.
Column E will show the pilot number for the number listed in column A.
5. Make the required changes.
• If wanting to add Surecall, enter a number in Column B.
• If wanting to remove Surecall, delete the number in Column B.
6. Save the Excel onto your computer.
7. Return to uControl's Number's section.
8. Click on "Surecall" --> "Upload Surecall"
9. Click on "Choose File"
10. Browse for the excel sheet you just saved.
11. Click on "Submit"
The good thing about using the excel way is you can give out to your customers and have them fill out. Or you can keep on record and update as needed. Now if your lines go down for any reason, your calls will unconditionally forward to the provided numbers.
How to update surecall on one line at a time.
- Log in to https://ucontrol.thinktel.ca
- Under the 'Services' menu, click the "Numbers" option.
- Scroll to the line in question or enter the number in the search field.
- To the left of the screen click on the edit button.
- In the Surecall field enter the sure call number that you want the line to forward to.
I hope this info was helpful. If you have any problems or questions, please let us know. You can open a support ticket via http://thinktel.distributel.happyfox.com/new/ or you can contact us by phone at 866-928-4465 Options 1-3-1